Monday, May 17, 2010

I'd Rather Have Jesus

I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I'd rather be His than have riches untold;
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or land.
I'd rather be led by His nail pierced hand...

(chorus) Than to be the king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin's dread sway.
I'd rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I'd rather have Jesus than men's applause;
I'd rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I'd rather have Jesus than worldly fame.
I'd rather be true to His holy name...
Chorus

He's fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He's sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He's all that my hungering spirit needs.
I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead...
Chorus

(words by Rhea F. Miller)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And I know you mean it!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. That is so true.

    Thanks for posting that!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Abby. I don't know what happened to your comment. I had the same thing happen to me with Facebook. I got the idea the day before I actually went to put it on face book. Then when I was about to write it, I noticed that me friend had just put it there that morning. :-) (I still put it on there a few days later.)

    ReplyDelete