Thursday, October 1, 2009

Work

Most people hear work and think "Oh, no!" For Christians that shouldn't be the case. (Though a lot of times I forget.) God made us to enjoy work. When I clean my room I have the satisfaction of a job well done. I also like being in my room more when it is neat and uncluttered.

Proverbs 6:6-8 "Go to the ant you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at the harvest."

Notice the ant has no overseer or ruler. He doesn't stand around waiting for someone to tell him what to do. He gathers food. He takes the initiative.


Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since we know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

This is whatever you do. Not just the things you like. This includes making your bed, washing the dishes, and taking your little sibling to the bathroom (for the 40th time it seems like), and doing school. We are told to do everything WELL. God sees everything we do, whether others do or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment