God has taken me on an incredible journey. In the past year and a half, I have been to Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, and Peru. I have seen the pacific ocean, swam Caribbean waters, learned a new language, met new friends, ridden in a taxi, stayed over night in a Costa Rican hospital, gotten mysteriously sick, worshipped with all my heart, and seen God's abundant faithfulness. Now, I am, once again, embarking on a new journey with a heart that is waiting expectantly to see God work.
November 3rd, I will be boarding a flight for Mexico. I am so looking forward to my 6 month internship with YUGO Ministries' Grace Babies' Home. My job as an intern will be to take care of babies. I am so excited. There are a lot of unknowns, but I know this is where the Lord is leading and I am definitely excited to find out what He has in store.
It has been amazing to watch God work thus far. His provision is astounding. It was by faith that I decided to go on the trip to Peru with a group from my church. Sure enough, God provided above and beyond. He is so amazing. It's been amazing to see Him provide for Mexico as well. As an example, we found my flight at a really good price. Not only that, but the flight home from Peru was refunded. (That flight had been delayed, canceled, canceled again, and when it finally took off, they almost didn't board everyone. Needless to say, I will not be flying Spirit again. Especially out of the Lima airport.) The refund almost completely covered the cost of my flight for Mexico. When I say almost, I mean there was only a $15 difference. God's provision is so amazing to watch.
The waiting period is never fun. I am homesick for the Latin American culture, I miss speaking Spanish, and I miss all my Costa Rican and Peruvian friends. The time in between is never fun, but it is necessary and God has me here in this stage of life for a purpose.
This fall I am teaching Spanish class. I originally planned to teach one, maybe two, classes. Again, God provided. I am now teaching FIVE Spanish classes. I spend more time teaching every week than my Spanish teachers from Costa Rica.
I am so excited to get to Mexico. I cannot wait to see what the Lord is doing there and get to be a part of it for six months.
No comments:
Post a Comment