Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We take so many things for granted in America. We actually have power that we can use to watch TV. Many people around the world don't even have electricity, not to mention a TV. All we have to do is flip a switch and we have electricity 24/7 that lights up the entire room. We also have air conditioning. Talk about living the life of luxury.
Then there is food. We can actually eat food we want to eat. We have so much food that we often end up throwing left overs away because they went bad in the fridge. Imagine how many mouths we could feed with all the food we throw away. God has truly blessed us with an abundance of food. We have enough food in our houses to feed us for a week (most likely).

Clean water: some thing that most of the world lacks, yet we have enough to wash our dishes in it and bath in it. I am looking forward to being a missionary. Sometimes I stop and think, "Wow, one day I may not have the option of turning a faucet to get clean water. I can't wait!" It's not that I can't wait to get rid of clean water, but that I can't wait until I am telling people about Christ and possibly have to sacrifice pure water to be in that area and tell them.
The bed is something we REALLY don't even think about. Wow! Imagine if you had no bed. Imagine if all you had was the ground, possibly a blanket. I want to get accustomed to sleeping on the ground. Then a bed would be a treat and less comfortable circumstances would be fine with me. I want to be fine with sleeping all kinds of ways. Whether I sleep in a bed, in a hammock, or on the ground I want to be able to get a good nights sleep. Especially since I have no idea what type work I may be doing during the day.
We really do sit in the lap of luxury. Don't grumble about what you don't have. Thank God for what you have.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have often thought of how we have everything with a flip of a switch or a turn of the faucet, but yet we don't think of how God is so good to us. Thanks for the post, very true! :)

    ReplyDelete