Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Verse of Encouragement

As I was reading my Bible the other day I came across a verse of encouragement.
Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go."
Stormy Weather
Up inside my bed I hide,
Wrapped up tight inside my cover.
In my bed I do abide,
While the stormy clouds do hover.
When the stormy clouds do hover
I go to the throne of God.
Nice and safe inside my cover,
I talk and give Him praise and laud.
I pray the storm will soon subside,
And thank him for the pretty rain.
Nice and safe inside my cover,
Going to God's throne again.
I wanted to share something I thought was interesting. Jews never erase God's name. They are very careful to regard anything bearing God's name as holy. I never thought about it, but it makes perfect since because God's name is so holy.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful poem. (And what a timely topic considering the tornado last year.) :)
    Great post.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem!!!!! ( You know how I hate bad weather.) I think it's really neat how the Jews do that when their writting God's name!
    In His great & awesome love,
    ***Little Sis***

    ReplyDelete